Friday, March 16, 2012

The Buddhist Temple









A 45 min drive from where we live stands this magnificent Buddhist Temple. We were overcome with emotion at the mere sight of this holy building. Moya(our teacher) and I decided to take the kids on an outing today. The colors,the paintings... In reverence we took off our shoes and walked the great halls in peace. The monks were gentle, soft spoken, friendly and welcoming. Ever been somewhere and thanked the heavens for your beautiful day...?

To end my day of peace I have played my favorite song by ADELE...'Don't you remember'
Anyone like it...oooh I love it.

A happy day and weekend to you
Suzanne
X

7 comments:

eidolons said...

That is breathtaking! I really hope to visit a Buddhist temple at some point in my life. (:

Susan said...

What a magnificent temple. I was able to tour some in Tokyo and in Taipei and the serenity that comes over one is remarkable.
I love Adele's song(s) and play them all the time...gives me inspiration.
Love you dear friend--wish I was with you all on your field trip. XOXO

Lori ann said...

oh i would love to visit there, it's lovely.we have a temple nearby too, i love to walk around it sometimes, or sit in the gardens.
your children are so beautiful! and adele...xxx

Gillian said...

Thank you for sharing your photos, they were really beautiful. We have nothing like that near us in America. I wish we did!

Kelly said...

Hello my friend, What an opportunity to visit such a place. I have never visited a Buddhist temple but hope we all get to one day. It looks so beautiful there and you must have all enjoyed the time you spent at such a place. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We were blessed with incredibly warm spring days and it is set to continue this week. Feels almost unreal to have that warm sun with us! Love to you!

Heidi said...

Your pics are beautiful! What a great experience you had...Have a wonderful weekend!

Theresa said...

Wow. This is incredible!