Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Olivia! (part1)







Birthdays are huge in our home. The day you were born, the moment you arrived here to start your journey. We do allot of celebrating in our home but this has to top them all. The "Birthday book" by Ann Druitt has the most wonderful Birthday idea's . Little Livy woke up to early morning singing angels. A little croaky...but we sang with gusto to make sure she knew what day it was..We all gave her 7 kisses and each gave her a wish. We lead her to her Birthday chair which we had set up the night before with pretty fairy lights. On went the special Birthday crown. She had been longing for this day to arrive more than any other Birthday I can remember. The little awakening of the 7 year old is truly a marvelous moment. I have decided to show you a little of Olivia's treasures. I revamped her old vintage pram, I brought her a beautiful old vintage cot and made my VERY first doll quilt. I had no idea how to make it so, it really is what you would call "Homemade". I made a lovely hanging bird mobile for her room. My mom took care of Olivia's old Waldorf doll and knitted her a lovely outfit to brighten her up and she looks so beautiful. I brought some lovely gifts from these Etsy sellers..... Little "Bella" is from Nancy at "Dragonflyshollow". The little doll papoose came from Fab's over at "Fig and me". The lovely market bag came from "ragsandribbons". The beautiful bonnet came from special Beth at "Primroses". We have invited our neighbors, friends and family for a party this afternoon. I have made a delicious "poppy seed cake" for her Birthday cake. I will be sharing the recipe as it has to be my all time favourite treat.

14 comments:

sarah said...

this is all so enchantingly beautiful! What a lucky girl. Many blessings to her on her special day.

My own dd had extra excitement about her seventh too. She said she really did feel different now she was seven.

Erin said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a fairy tale 7th birthday :)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Livy! What beautiful gifts...

Maria said...

Wonderful ! :) Happy Birthday !

Beth said...

What joy to look on your blog this morning and see your darling birthday girl and her pretty bedroom with it treasures. And then I noticed her wearing something familiar! What a treat! I have a big smile on my face! Happy Birthday, Olivia! love, Beth

Anonymous said...

What a great and wonderful celebration for sweet little Olivia. In Sweden we sing to people on their birthday to wake them up. Isn't it wonderful. You did a great job on the doll quilt. Everything looks so charming and lovely. I'm sure all of you had a great day and what a special memory for Oliva. Congratulations to you for the last 7 years of Olivia's life. May you have many more celebrations throughout the years.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia! What a wonderful way to celebrate such a special day!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

What a lucky girl! Seven is such a wonderful age. It is wonderful that you all take the time to create such a special celebration.
The doll quilt looks very pretty, and I really love the bird mobile!

themagiconions said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet child. All her goodies are just beautiful! So very pretty, makes me wish I were 7 again!
Blessings and magic to the birthday girl.

suzanne said...

Thank you so much your your warm wishes. She had a wonderful day. An exhausted Mother but a wonderful day...

Happy day to you
Warm regards
Suzanne

* * said...

Happy! Happy! Birthday! Dear sweet Olivia : ) .:SEVEN:. truly a magical age! Suzanne there is always such beauty, warmth and love in your celebrations and in your everyday! There is such beauty in your photos and in your hand made gifts to your sweet girl! So lovely to see your quilt! And the bonnet, oh the bonnet I am off to talk with Beth about that : )

farmama sara said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! What a special day you made it! Beautiful job on the doll Suzanne!

Tonya Gunn said...

I am sure she felt sooo special on her day. Everything is beautiful and much more special since it is handmade.
Warm wishes and happy birthday!

Tammy said...

Happy, happy birthday Olivia!

She is a darling girl, and it looks like you all have such delightful and special birthday celebrations at your house. Which is how it should be!!! :)